Thursday 17 January 2008

No shares to short of CMG...shame.

Following an excellent post and active comments section from Mish about the restaurant sector, I just tried to short some Chipotle Mexican Grill, but my broker doesn't have any shares to short, damn. This looks like a great one to short TODAY, especially since the shares haven't reacted despite the CFO saying business trends since mid-September have been weak (I'm paraphrasing), and commodity prices are "challenging".



What a no-brainer short. Oh yeah, and the P/E is 62 and the forward P/E is 43. Betcha earnings estimates are brought down this year as well.

Anyone have any other restaurant shorts to look at?


Yours,
2and20

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try and give a look here
http://www.autogrill.com/Default.aspx

it's the only Italian company I know operating in the restaurant industry, but I don't have a clue about its figures (I'm an FX addict...)

AT

2and20 said...

tks, altough i'll probably just focus on the US for the moment as that's where the slowdown is hitting hard and fast.